June 4, 2015

Whole 30 Part 4 and Results

I completed the Whole30 challenge on May 29th. That was my 30 day time frame. I am happy to say that my health is a bit better. I can breathe easier and I lost 8 pounds. I am so happy to have gone on this journey. It was difficult at times because there's always an event that I was supposed to attend. I conquered that by bringing my own food or snacks to eat when I get hungry.

The day after, day 31, I went to my son's sports banquet and there was a lot of delicious food. I was so tempted to eat the homemade mac 'n cheese, potato salads and other creamy rich foods but I didn't. In my mind I thought of how much work I had to do to get better that I didn't want to ruin it. I did have a small piece of cake and a couple of tiny brownie bites. The next day I went back on the Whole30 just like it says to do to see if any of the foods I ate the day before bothered me. It didn't so I was glad to just get back on the Whole30's way of eating.

Through out all this challenge, it makes it easier after I passed the 3 week point. Now I feel like I can control what I eat and how much of it I would like to consume. This program has been such a big help to me healthwise. I have been able to have the energy to head back to the gym this week and it feels awesome!

No comments: