November 13, 2013

Recipe Wednesday

Recipe Wednesday??? I think I will try to post recipes on Wednesdays to share with you. I am one of those people that don't really measure my ingredients, but because I am sharing a recipe I will do my best to measure. Nothing like food not coming out right when you try to make it for your family following someone else's recipe. If I don't measure something, I will let you know how to adjust it.

Up first is my favorite 3 ingredient recipe. You will have to buy some sauces already made but it is so good. I love taking out my crockpot for Sunday dinners and this one is so quick and easy to put together.
Here goes.

Chicken in Hoisin and Habanero Sauce


Ingredients:

1 - 5-6 lbs. package chicken thighs, remove the skin & excess fat
1 cup hoisin sauce
1 cup roasted habanero & pineapple sauce (Costco)
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
Cooked rice


These are the brands of sauces I used. Do not buy the hoisin sauce in a small jar. It does not taste the same.

1. Place chicken thighs in a large crockpot. It doesn't have to be a single layer. 
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the sauces and cornstarch. Pour over the chicken. Stir it up a bit to coat the chicken pieces.
3. Turn crockpot on high and cook for 3 1/2 hours. 

I have cooked this for 4 hours because sometimes we get home from church later than normal and the chicken is still tender. The cornstarch makes the sauce nice and thick, perfect to go over rice. 

No comments: