May 3, 2015

Whole 30 Challenge

It seems like I have fallen off the face of the earth but the truth is life has been busier than normal. I haven't been feeling like myself for a while now and finally had to face the music. In order to get better I had to get a handle on my bad nutritional habits. I would always say I will start to eat better on Monday. Monday comes and I do well until after dinner. I would start again and would fall short.
Last week I had enough with all the aches, pains and discomfort so I decided to do the Whole 30 challenge.


Day 1: April 29th was the first day because there's no perfect time to start. This was such a hard day. I was so hungry all the time and would eat when I feel hungry. I didn't over eat, just ate something nutritious until I felt full.

Day 2 April 30th: I was doing ok. Woke up and had a light breakfast with some eggs and avocado. As the day went on the headaches came with a vengeance. I was not feeling well and was really trying hard to not give up. Since I wasn't feeling well, I was not in a happy mood. The headaches didn't go away. I ended up going to bed with a splitting headache. I am pretty sure the headaches are a result of me not consuming any junk food or sugar.

Day 3 May 1st: Today was the day I was just about to give up. My headache wasn't as bad when I woke up. It was a dull ache which I can handle. My body was wanting sweet treats so I grabbed a fruit to help with the craving. I also made sure that I had lots of protein like fish, chicken and eggs ready to grab anytime. That helped out a lot since I always had something handy to eat. Once again, I still feel hungry often.

Day 4 May 2nd: I did much better today. My craving for sweets is not as strong. I went grocery shopping and came across a box of coconut date rolls in the produce section. I read the label and it says dates and coconut so I grabbed a box to try. I took a little bite and after two bites it was really sweet. I put the rest back in the box for later. I feel like I could make it on the challenge at this point.


As I am writing this on day 5, I really think that I can complete this challenge. The best part is that I feel better today healthwise. I didn't feel bloated and I can breath better.  I haven't felt like this in a long time. I have to make sure that I have food ready to grab when hunger strikes and I am not tempted by the ooey gooey chocolate brownies sitting in the kitchen.

Here's to another 26 days. I am going to do my best to post my progress each week. I can't tell say if I have lost weight since I can't step on the scale until the end of the challenge. I'm sure I will have something to say.

No comments: