September 5, 2016

A Bakery Stop

Two or three years ago we discovered a small cafe in Ramona, CA with the most delicious cinnamon rolls ever. Since then we've gone up to the cafe once a year to have our treat. We were disappointed to see that they've shrunken the size and still charge the same amount. It still taste good.


 I later found out from a friend that it's made with margarine. I should have asked for the ingredients list the first time I bought these. I have avoided margarine for years because they're not good for you. I've always felt that a good bakery should use quality ingredients and margarine is not one of those quality ingredients. Sad to say I will not be buying these cinnamon rolls again.


On the bright side, we happened upon the grand opening of the London Bakery right next door. There were yummy samples of these delicious cupcakes. It was so rich and moist. There was chocolate strawberry, caramel and chocolate peanut butter. The chocolate peanut butter was my absolute favorite. The scones were freshly made and you can see the steam inside the cake dish. The bakery had a life size cutout of the queen and beautiful tea cups and saucers all decorated on small shelves.


I brought home some of these delicious lemon cream puffs. The lemon cream was so good. The lemon flavor was not overpowering. My family did enjoy all of the sweet treats hubby and I brought home. Here's to sweet treats.



No comments: